Monday, September 5, 2011

What's New? What's Old?

Here is the red table and chairs that Lisa bought me for Mother's Day in a thrift store in Rapid City for half off. It was a steal! I have always loved the chrome and vinyl table sets of the 50's and 60's. I put it in the "tiny bedroom" which will be turned into a crochet/drawing room of sorts.

A few months ago I bought some prints from a talented artist who lives in Canada. I had them framed and will probably put them in my "crochet" room. I just love Ghostbusters! There are four prints in all and the artist sent me an original sketch just out of pure kindness, so I had that framed, too! Maybe it's my "Gallery Room/Crochet/ Drawing" Room....

He also does fantastic drawings from "A Christmas Story" which would be so fun to have!

Lisa and her bargains...she found this funky old iron with the original box (from the 1930's). It's a terrible photo, but it's an early steam iron which has a hand pump included.

I have this high shelf in my house which used to have a cute wooden wheelbarrow with the word "apples" on the side. I gave it to Lisa since she has an "apple" kitchen. She, in turn, found these old lanterns to spruce up the shelf. They look great!

I need to take pictures of my guest bathroom...Lisa also found these totally kitschy seahorses made from resin and seashells. I'm sure you've seen them in junk shops. Well, I collect them! Lisa has found lots in her yard sale pursuits. I'll save that for another post.

Yes, my house would flunk the Ethan Allen test of class. And I say, Hooray! I love the funky old charm.

3 comments:

Hope Wiltfong said...

Those retro tables are so cute! You have raised a killer yard-saler.

Lisa said...

Love it! And those prints are just so cool.

auntmaryanne said...

WOW! I love the table and chairs!! AND the prints! COOL!! I didn't know my sister was so into collecting retro stuff ;)