Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Scrapbook



I had a bit of a time warp today. I found an old box out in the garage when I was looking for something else. Inside this box, among many other things, was this old scrapbook I had as a kid. The pages are newsprint type paper, so it's all old and yellowing. I thought this was long gone, so it was fun to see! It's literally disintegrating, but it was still fun to look through what's left.
Cute little Valentines.
Now they woudl be considered vintage...of course, so am I.


Here's one from my friend Lori Preusch. 1961. She was a sweet friend. I remember her father played the marimba professionally. Lori's mom was our Campfire Girl Leader a few years later.
Here's a Christmas card from my brother Craig that he made himself! On the back of a Valentine he gave me he signed it, "Craig Everlovin' Shurtliff." 


This is so fun to see! Remember when tape yellowed everything and fell off? Oh well, it's just fun to bring back a few memories! My parents were great!
Here's a Valenitne from my friend Ibby (Isabel). She was one of twins (back when twins were a big deal!) I still keep in touch with her sister Candy. Sweet gals.


Some more Valentines, so cute! Not a Transformer or Sponge Bob in sight! Rather refreshing! (The bearded  lady at the bottom is from my cousin, Gay Lyn Spjut (White). The girl ironing at the top is from my cousin Jody Ricks.
Here's a Valentine from my cousin Timmy Spjut who passed away in 1977. What a treasure to find! I miss you, Timmy!


Here's the other side.
The inside of a birthday card, dated 1962. It has a squeaker inside and by golly, it still works! It's from my Grandma Spjut. I miss you Grandma! She always sent pretty cards and was the best grandma ever!


Jody Ricks sent the top one, and Kathy Ricks (Bates) sent the fireman Valentine. What a fun find!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I just love it! So cute!

Kathy said...

Bah ha ha!! I sent you a Fireman valentine! So funny to see!

I sure love seeing Grandma's writing, and Timmy's, and Craig Everlovin Shurtliff's!

What a find! And I do remember the tape that yellowed everything. I'm feeling very vintage now too!

Anonymous said...

A fun walk down Memory Lane, Annette. Loved the old, innocent Valentine cards and the writing of your dear relatives. You are the love of my life!

Heber

Anonymous said...

A fun walk down Memory Lane, Annette. Loved the old, innocent Valentine cards and the writing of your dear relatives. You are the love of my life!

Heber