Sunday, July 4, 2010

Highchair Facelift


When I was in Rapid City I visited a Scandinavian store and bought some books on rosemaling, which is decorative painting from Norway and a book on Swedish decorative painting. I thought I'd try it out on the old wooden highchair.

This is a work in progress...I'll post more pictures if anything looks good. It's so fun to try! I may have a new hobby here.

6 comments:

Janis said...

Wow! That is beautiful!! And it reminds me of Swedish things.

Lisa said...

I love it! I keep thinking of more stuff in my house that needs rosemaling. I may have to keep you a month.

Chelsea said...

You are so talented! This is absolutly lovely. You've definitely got a gift.

Hope said...

Beautiful! (or is skon the correct work?!)

Anonymous said...

Your mom's highchair continues to be transformed into a thing of lasting beauty, Annette. You can paint that pretty stuff on anything in the house, anytime!

Jen said...

That is beautiful! You are just so stinkin' talented! I'm so glad we're friends so I can take advantage of you!