Sunday, November 18, 2012

Historical Christmas Tree

Mary Anne and I went to the Jublilee of Trees...mainly to see the tree that our friends Brian and Mary Rasmussen worked on. They build models of historical buildings, including many temples, out of wood, etc and paint them by hand. One of the trees at the Jubilee had 24 of their handmade building models on it. The tree sold for $6000 (for charity). 
Here's a close up of part of the tree showing the Washington City Cotton Mill and the Pine Mountain Valley Chapel. I have a model of the St. George Tabernacle that they made for me years ago. It has a place on my mantle. I absolutely treasure it!
Here's a picture of Mary and Brian Rasmussen next to their tree. 
Another close up showing Zion Lodge. Wow! Beautiful work!
Here's the entire tree. The St George Temple is at the top! The Rasmussens gave one of those to Lisa and Andrew for a wedding gift. 
What a fun way to catch the Christmas Spirit and it's not even Thanksgiving! We so enjoyed looking at  all the trees and creative offerings all in the name of charity. The money is used to contribute to Dixie Regional Medical Center Trauma Unit.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! Wish I could have bought it!

Hope Wiltfong said...

Wow - that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!