Sunday, December 9, 2012

New Skirt for the Old Tree




Here is my new tree skirt! My Mom had this round piece of Swedish Dala Horse material (from IKEA? not sure) she used as a tablecloth on a small round table. I don't own a small round table, so what does one do with a round piece of beautiful cloth? I decided to make a tree skirt! My friend gave me some red material to back it with and I bought some batting and started to quilt around the horses last spring. I started....didn't get far. I finally wised up and handed my project to my friend Jen who finished it up for me (in exchange for some lunches at In-N-Out) so it's a win-win situation!


Here's a bit more of my tree, almost all ornaments are straw ones so it looks rather Swedish and rustic. Merry Christmas! How did you decorate your tree this year? 

4 comments:

Janis said...

I love how you made good use of round material! And I especially love the Swedish theme! So beautiful!!

Chelsea said...

You are so creative! I love your tree so much. You have a great eye for decorating!!

Hope Wiltfong said...

For a couple of In-N-Out hamburgers, I would do just about anything - our closest one is in Tucson!

Your tree is lovely. We're still a treeless family - before, it was because of the cats, now it's because of the dogs - Sofi's tail alone would topple almost any Douglas fir!

If I don't talk to you before, have a wonderful Christmas!

heber said...

Annette, I love our Christmas tree and the cover at the bottom. I think it says, "I love Swedish stuff" about as plainly as anything could. I am also excited about our stocking stuffers and our more special gift for each other. I think its going to be a sweet Christmas memory.

Love you, Hon,

Heber