Tonight James, Mary Anne and I went to the Medieval Fair out at the Fairgrounds to see Phil perform with his accapella group "Inverted." Here's Mary Anne and James in front of the live chess area...we were hoping live chess meant people being the chess pieces and fighting it out, but it only meant live people were playing chess.

Below: Phil singing on the stage. He also did a little beatboxing and brought a kid out of the audience to teach him beatboxing basics. The singing group sounded great and they had a big audience there.

Another photo of Inverted. They sang a variety of songs including "Smooth Operator," "House of the Rising Sun" and one by Nickelback. Great job!!!!

Here's two videos of Inverted in action. Enjoy!
5 comments:
Way to go, Annette,for filming this part of Phil and his group's performance. They are pretty darn good! I had a lot of fun working with you on the chairs today. Thanks for being such a great helper!
H
Cool - I need to hear a recording!
(I was slightly disappointed that Phil's Inverted group didn't perform upside down, hanging like bats - and the 'live' chess should be like the wizard chess in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!)
;-)
Uh, that first comment was left by Heber, not me. :-)
Our camera ran out of memory, so the video was cut short. Also, can you tell it was getting windy? By the end of their set it was blowing SOOO hard! I guess that's why they call the place Hurricane.
Wow!! That is so great- they are very talented. I love accapella music. Although I can't spell it.
Maybe we'll get to hear them in person when we're in UT!
Wow! That was really good. Acapella is great. What talent!
Post a Comment