
Besides going to the Medieval Fair, we had a nice time this weekend doing other things. This morning bright and early Heber and I went for a nice walk near Turtle Road. I was so hoping to see a tortoise, but the only wildlife we saw were a couple of birds and lots of huge ants, oh and a lizard. We live in such a beautiful area...I just love the scenery!!

It's always amazing to me that we can drive for a couple of minutes and almost be out in the middle of nowhere. It's so quiet and peaceful.

Here's one of the pathways we took. It was before 8:30 in the morning and was getting too warm for too much walking. Later this morning Mary Anne and I headed to Target for various items, then over to Harmons for sushi.

On Saturday Heber, Mary Anne, James and I assembled this tete-a-tete for our tiny back patio. It wasn't easy!! It was worth it though...it's wonderful! We are getting some nice shade in our backyard thanks to lots of vines and bushes and the overhang Heber built years ago. A great place to read or drink lemonade. There's the beautiful azalea plant from my cousins and Uncle Norm. Can anything be prettier?

Chalk one up for the infomercials...I saw these Topsy Turvey tomato growers at Home Depot and couldn't resist giving them a try. We really have no good spot for a vegetable garden, so we'll see if this works....I'll keep you posted for better or worse. So far (2 days along) they are still alive. Besides tomatoes we also planted some bright yellow flowers in the front yard. Hooray for a nice holiday weekend with family.
4 comments:
I applaud the ingenuity of upside-growing anything - any idea of a garden here is countered by the herds of rabbits, deer, coyotes just waiting for anything that is watered.
Keep us posted!
I was admiring your tete-a-tete on your patio and looking at those pretty flowers, then I read that they were from us cousins! How fun to see. You will have to post how your tomatoes do! Becky
Let me know how those topsey turveys turn out. I have admired them for months now. My poor tomato plant needs a little topsey turvey love.
I have been thinking of getting these tomato thingies. I'm glad to see they work. I'm a talented black thumb and could kill a cactus. Hopefully I won't ruin these too.
Post a Comment