Years ago after my grandmother, Linnea Spjut, died in 1982 my mom and I were going through some letters and photos of hers and I ended up with the above picture of a cute baby in a carriage. There was no name or date on the back, but I thought the picture was so cute and hoped to find out who this was. I tucked it away in a drawer
Years later my Aunt Nancy emailed me that she had put all the family photos she had on the computer and was going to throw out the originals unless I wanted them...yes I wanted them!! She has sent me many letters full of photos; treasures to me! The above photo was in one of the packets from Aunt Nancy and I recognized the baby, the railing on the house...this was the baby in the picture I'd kept for years. She is Norma, my mom's cousin, and daughter of my great Aunt Elin. The picture was taken in 1915 in Ashton, Idaho. When my grandma came to America from Sweden, she named her sister Elin Bonneru as her contact in America. I have a copy of the ship roster. 
The envelope above was sent to me from Aunt Nancy...she doesn't know what happened to the actual letter, but it was the last letter Grandma got from her sister Elin. It is postmarked July 14, 1920 from Ashton, Idaho.
After my mother passed away I found this portrait of Elin in a drawer. I wish I could have known her! She looks very kind.
Elin Teresia Kristina Jacobson was born on 13 January 1892 in Molndal, Sweden. Elin and her brother Hilding left Sweden before Ingeborg was born. She married Edwin Bonneru in the Salt Lake City Temple on 11 April 1913, and they made their home in Ashton, Idaho. Sadly, she died on 27 Aug 1920, before August and Hilda and the youngest children came to Utah. The 13 Jacobson children were never all together, though all lived to adulthood. If anyone has any other information about great Aunt Elin, feel free to email me!
Elin Teresia Kristina Jacobson was born on 13 January 1892 in Molndal, Sweden. Elin and her brother Hilding left Sweden before Ingeborg was born. She married Edwin Bonneru in the Salt Lake City Temple on 11 April 1913, and they made their home in Ashton, Idaho. Sadly, she died on 27 Aug 1920, before August and Hilda and the youngest children came to Utah. The 13 Jacobson children were never all together, though all lived to adulthood. If anyone has any other information about great Aunt Elin, feel free to email me!

4 comments:
She does look like a wonderful person! I can't wait to hear more about her. What great pictures.
Thanks for posting this Annette! It is all new information and pictures to me and now I can download them and save it for my family! Thanks for all of your efforts!
A woman after my own heart. I took some pictures from the reunion. Ones I think Aunt Nancy left for anyone who wanted to take them. I don't know who these people are, but i really liked the pictures. I'll have to find themand see if Elin is in any of them.Thanks for sharing a little history.I love it.
Amanda, email me any pictures and I'll see if we can figure out who they are. Awesome! I love old family photos.
Post a Comment