Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tomatoes and Pencils and Eagles

Well, I promised you updates on my Topsy Turvy Tomatoes...here they are. Both are growing and thriving...the one on the right is a different type of tomatoe (deformed??) but the other one is flourishing better and I have 2 tiny baby tomatoes! Whoo Hoo! Hopefully deformed tomatoe will get its act together and produce also...it's getting some blooms finally...guess it's a late bloomer. Ha ha.




I finished a little sketch of my friend's baby. I struggle with drawing people, especially babies, but love to try. He's such a cute little guy and it's good practice for me. I also started on a painting for someone but cannot post a picture as this will be a surprise of sorts.


As always with every drawing and painting I do, I thank my husband and daughter for giving my artwork a critical eye; they always have good input and see mistakes and goofs and consistently point me in the right direction. Another great tip I use to catch mistakes is to look at the drawing or painting in a mirror, or draw/paint the image upside down. (Not ME upside down, I would pass out in 3 minutes).


(This is an eagle on a very nice piece of sandstone I painted years ago and have kept it for myself. I didn't get pictures of the ones I did for this weekend.)
Other artwork this weekend: we attended an Eagle Court of Honor for 2 young men in the ward. I painted them each a bald eagle on a piece of Utah Picturestone. They seemed to really like that and have 2 more people wanting them already. I only have a few more scraps of rock left darn it. I also had a friend and her father-in-law come over to discuss a mural or two. Yep, I'm keeping busy!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Your tomato plants are doing awesome! I can't wait to see the final product.

That drawing is absolutely darling. You did such a beautiful job!

Also, I've always loved looking at your eagles. They're such majestic creatures, and you capture that so well with each of your paintings of them.

Keep up the awesome work! You're such an inspiration and example for me to keep doing my best and to not be afraid to express myself, artistically or verbally.

Anonymous said...

Annette, I am glad you are such a talented gal. I get the benefits of all the praise you receive that produces the positive feelings in you. Not a bad deal eh?

I can't wait for one of your juicy, hand grown tomatoes!