Heber, Mary Anne and I watched 1953's "Invaders From Mars" which was by far the scariest movie I ever saw as a kid. I hadn't seen it since I was very young and it still creeps me out! After the movie I thought I'd go outside and water the ol' tomato plants...ARRRRRGH!! They were half eaten and stripped of most of their leaves! What in the world?? They were invaded by huge tomato worms. Oh gross!!! I kept trying to knock them off with a trowel but they seemed fused to the plant. I started screaming of course which brought Mary Anne out with salt in hand. She sprinkled it on the invaders which caused them to writhe (and caused me to scream more) and James got the BBQ tongs and pulled them off the plants (more screaming). I'm afraid of the dreams I'll be having tonight.

The movie "Invaders From Mars" plays an integral part in Chapter 3 of "Boy's Life" by Robert McCammon. Watch the movie then read the chapter...very awesome!! "Boy's Life" is one of my favorite reads.

Sleep well.....
2 comments:
I'm going to WAKE UP screaming. That was bad. I mean way bad. I mean kicking the bag of cat food and having earwigs pour out of it bad--almost. Ech!
That was terrible, but strangely satisfying and sorta sad salting the tubers. They better die. Aren't I angelic? Well, angel of death, I guess.
I hope your plants live. They're doing so good! Don't give up hope. We'll conquer over their disgusting race!
Man, I was pretty excited when I saw on my list that you and Mary Anne both updated your blogs. YEESH. That is nasty!!
Post a Comment