Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trunnell Reunion 2009

Heber, Mary Anne and I attended the Trunnell reunion held on July 4th at Carmen and Patrick's home in Eagle Mountain. The weather was perfect, the food was great and there were 12 out of 17 siblings in attendance!

Bobbie, Anthony, Paul, Merrady and Shay. It was great to see everyone and visit in the shade. Paul and Bobbie are down from Clark Fork ID.

We got to know new members of the family including Parker Phipps, held here by dad Brandon. Parker will soon be one, and is ready to walk. The Phipps Family are from Herriman, UT.

Here is Samantha, 5 months old, held by Marie Trunnell. Marie and Golden live in Vernal, UT.

Tiesha shared her talent all dayby painting faces and hands with butterflies, swords, etc. Here is Callie Phipps getting the works.

Gran visited with everyone young and old. The day before several of the siblings worked at Gran's house in Provo deep cleaning and getting rid of a truckload of weeds from the backyard. Mary Anne and I cleaned a bookshelf while Heber fought the weeds and an overgrown rose vine.

Here's an child, unknown to me, dressed up like...well, I have no idea. He and Porter Trunnell ran around in crazy costumes and someone mentioned they were pretending to be Mexican wrestlers from the movie "Nacho Libre." Don't mess with him whoever he is.

Four of the sisters: Hilary, Caroline, April and Shelly...we are all admiring Shelly's latest quilt. Hilary (from Midway, UT) can knit anything...she's amazing. She gave me her all time favorite crochet pattern for a baby outfit, so I will definitely give it a try. Thank you Hilary! Caroline (Washington state) has completed 31 chapters of a book recording stories and history about her family. April (Pleasant Grove) is a master seamstress and enjoys doing heirloom sewing, smocking, etc. She has made wedding dresses and prom dresses for most of her daughters. Shelly (Blackfoot, ID) makes incredible quilts, as do they all.

Laurissa (Janeville, CA) holding up her latest quilt. We had nice visits with everyone.

Merrady and Shay, from Okalahoma. Shay did some fun lip-synching and dancing from High School Musical songs.
All in all we had a great time, Carmen and Patrick went to a lot of work getting everything together. We appreciate Carmen ordering in the perfect weather, too. Great job!

4 comments:

Hope said...

Gran must be so proud of how great her brood turned out! I remember visiting their house when you graduated from BYU - STUFFED in every sense of the word.

So glad that many were able to attend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon,
I loved sharing the trip to Lehi with you and Mary Anne. And you were so understanding and sweet to my family and I really appreciated that! Thanks for taking the great picutes and posting them too. You are my favorite family member. Thanks for coming to Mom's and helping her out too.
Love you, H

Janis said...

What a great family you are part of! I loved hearing about them and about the reunion!

Carolyn said...

man! everyone has such cute pics of the reunion on their blogs. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to go. next year...