Sunday, December 27, 2009

Game + Family = Fun!

Weeks ago I was over at my friend Jen's house and saw an interesting box...I asked her what this was and she said it was the funnest game ever! I had never heard of Settlers of Catan but went home and read about it on the internet and promptly ordered it for a family Christmas gift. (I have total faith in my friend's opinion!)

So, last night we tried playing the game and were slowly getting the idea of it but it wasn't quite clicking. Jen, bless her heart, came over and showed us how to play...walking us through several turns until we could solo. (Jen, you just earned lunch at In-N-Out!)

We ended up playing until almost midnight and having the best time! It was the funnest game. How wonderful to have the TV off and all of us just having fun all evening. We can't wait to play it again!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Well...I dunno, Mom. I mean we only played four times yesterday. *clears throat*

I'm so glad it was a hit. I sure hoped it would be, but it's just hard to tell--especially with 5 very different minds/people.

I'm thinking I seriously need to play this for Thursday--the party. I'm way obsessed with this darn, awesome thing!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.