I've always been fascinated with Mount Rushmore and hoped to one day actually see it. Well yesterday Lisa and Andrew and the kids took me out to the memorial and we had a nice time there. The lady in the gift shop said it was 22 degrees below zero a couple of weeks ago, but today it was so nice and sunny. I bought souvenirs and went through the visitor center...totally enjoyed myself. There's an exhibit that allows you to push a plunger and blow up dynamite on a screen. Clayton loved that most of all.

Here's a profile view of George Washington. Thanks, Andrew for the great photo!

Here's Dory with a brand new bow made by Lisa's friend Amy. Amy made lots of fun beautiful bows for Dory. Girls are fun! I tended the kids (with the help of Play-Doh) last night so Lisa and Andrew could enjoy a few moments of time together. What a great visit Mormor is having!
2 comments:
Annette, I am so glad you got to go see our darling grandchildren. And I am so grateful you posted these pictures! I can't stop looking at them and put a couple of them on the Trunnell website. I do miss you but am happy you are there holding and cherishing some sweet moments with Brian, Clayton, Dory and their parents. Lisa and Andrew must be saying a special prayer for Mormor coming to the rescue and giving them some quieter time. Love you, Sweetie!!
Glad you could finally see Mt Rushmore. Lisa was really glad to see you - it's been all she's talked about since we got here in August.
You should try and make it for the lighting ceremony they do during the summers - it really "makes" the patriotic Rushmore experience. Or you could go for the lesser-known "Cary Grant" experience.
Post a Comment