I love trading with friends...I have friends with wonderful talents who are happy to trade for various services. With a granddaughter on the way I decided to try my hand at hair bows...I did make a few that turned out okay, but asked the real pro, Amy, to make some really cute ones. I offered to tend her five kids on a Friday night to let her and her husband go on a date. She is all for it, so we just need to set the date. Yeah! Now Dory will have some way cute bows.
Dory needs dresses to go with the bows. I don't sew...I am crocheting a blessing dress (it is currently a blessing halter top, but give me time...)but my friend Jen sews beautifully. I have bribed her with pencil sketches of her kids...she still has one more (George) who needs a drawing done, so voila, a trade is born! She has made the cutest jumpers (with the cutest homemade doll who has jumpers to match Dory's).
Tonight Jen brought me this little dress she made today for Dory. It is too cute! She also provided a swatch of the material for Amy to make a matching bow. This girl stuff is fun!
Here's a picture of my doll Penny wearing a dress (one of four) made by Jen. Doesn't she look awesome?? These were part of the trades for pencil sketches...it all gets a bit complicated but I'm sure I'm getting the best part of the deal. Maybe I'll treat Jen to In-N-Out to even things out....couldn't hurt.
5 comments:
Bartering is almost a lost art. I'd love to see your sketches of Jen's kids!
You and Lisa have got some serious money-saving skillz.
I love the dress. It's so...so...so 'springy', I think. I can not wait to see it on my first niece!
She's gonna look adorable with all the loot you're acumulating.
Are you kidding me??? I didn't know you were getting matching outfits for Dory! She will be the best-dressed baby ever.
Trading is awesome. Feels like you're getting away with something by not actually spending money.
Mary Anne- I wish I could trade you housecleaning for math tutoring again. Actually at this point I think I'd trade my left arm for a clean house. Love you guys!
I would love to clean your house for free, Lis--but utterly under no circumstances for math tutoring, as I am free of that mental anguish.
(Apologies for not relating remotely to the actual post.)
Aw, Annette, you are far too kind! (The pencil sketches of my children are absolutely amazing. She also sketched my paternal grandparents.) I love the bartere system, though I'm always certain Annette's getting the short end of the stick. THANKS!!!
Post a Comment