Okay, Carol, Mary, Vicki and Hope, this is especially for you! I dug up some old photos from our BYU days. With roommates, you never know what you are going to get, and it's wonderful to end up with new friends!

Above: Susan Walton, Vicki Middleton and Carol Baily. Vicki was dressed up like a delivery man...I think this had something to do with Valentine's Day, but who knows. We lived in lovely Spanish Villa, right across the street from the mall in Orem...the building looked like a rundown Taco Bell. (Was this the infamous Valentine's Day when we had several goodies and flowers delivered secretly by each of us?? How desperate can you get?)

Susan, Carol and I making piggy faces for some unknown reason. I'm sure it involved intellectual research or something. Susan was from Washington, was a terrific cook and taught school in Lehi. She also had a terrific sense of humor. Carol hailed from Rupert, Idaho and we were able to spend a few weekends at her family farm. What great memories! She taught me how to balance a checkbook, introduced me to Maddox's in Tremonton and was always there for me through good times and bad.

Here is Jodey Bacon with her friend Mai Nguyen. Jodey was such a sweet friend and we corresponded for years. I finally lost touch with her. She lived in Alaska for many years. We were roommates at University Villa.

Here is Mary Kammeyer, who loved the Muppets, Gregorian chants and drove a VW bug named Pearl. What a great friend with a wicked sense of humor. Hi Mary!

Here is dear Vicki Middleton who came from Texas. She is honing her cullinary skills, trying to frost a cake beyond repair. I remember going to a rodeo with her, and yes, Vicki, we still have that awesome afghan you crocheted for me! It's in our front room as always! Vicki could crochet anything!

Hope Russell was my roommate at BYU also! We've been friends since 7th grade art class with Mrs. Paden (lime green aardvarks?) This picture was from high school...we had been riding our horses and were dressed accordingly. Hope still has horses, and yes, we are still friends! Thank you Hope! Thanks to all of you who put up with me as a roommate, what great fun memories!
4 comments:
What a neat idea for a post!
I love all the pictures and fun memories you shared. What wild and crazy girls you guys were!
"At first it can seem barren and unfriendly..." Hehehe.
It's pretty cool how roommates can stay friends for life. Mom, those are some stylin' pictures. I love it.
Annette;
That is so fun to see those pictures! We did have some fun times. You and Hope really did help me though some hard times. I will see what pictures I can find. Thanks again for making my day!
Carol
Wow, those were the days (as my kids would say, when dinosaurs roamed the earth).
Thanks for the photos and the memories! I have some good ones - maybe when I get back home I'll scan some and post (one in particular of you on "Dress Up" day or whatever they called it as SPHS in a big floppy hat.... unless payment is received in small, unmarked bills before 1/31 (when I fly back home!)
Post a Comment