Monday, January 26, 2009

Southern Quill

Mary Anne is involved with the literary magazine "Southern Quill" once again as one of the editors. She said that entries for poetry, short stories, photograhpy and artwork are open to anyone in the community so I thought I'd enter a photo and a painting.
Here's a snapshot of Lisa and Brian on his first birthday. The lighting was nice and the composition isn't too bad. And the baby is adorable of course!

Here's a painting done a few years ago of Michelle and Mary Anne. They are holding a little baby cottontail bunny that our cat Tiger brought to us (mother instinct gone awry). Tiger used to bring us baby cottontails as presents and was suprisingly gentle with them (most of the time). Since we didn't want to go into the wild rabbit breeding business we would take the bunnies back out to the desert where hopefully they could find their way back home. Anyway, I do like this painting.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay Mom!!! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Hope said...

Love the painting - and that young Mary Anne is the one I remember - not some grown-up literary editor!

And aren't photos of grandkids always the greatest? Even after a week alone with these two, I still think they are the cutest kids alive (other than yours, of course!).

Janis said...

You are a VERY talented artist!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jen said...

How sweet is that picture of Lisa and Brian! (And you KNOW I love that painting of Michelle and MaryAnne!) Good luck.. and may the force be with you!

Harmony said...

Those are gorgeous!!!