Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Blessing

Dory was blessed today in Abilene 1st Ward by her daddy. She wore the dress I made for her, it fit just right, though the bonnet was too small for her noggin. That's okay! She looked so cute.

Dory did well in the blessing except for 1 scream in the middle, but she settled down.

She looks pretty content here. Awww! I have one more day here then I head back to Utah on Tuesday morning...sniff sniff. I will miss being here. I still think St. George needs an Air Force Base, don't you?

8 comments:

Andrew said...

No, South Dakota needs some Trunnells. We're already in the negotiation process of getting more Monks' up there.

Janis said...

What a beautiful baby! I see some of you, Annette, in her! That dress is gorgeous. Congratulations on a special day!

Anonymous said...

A most beautiful daughter of God! She looks so perfect and comfortable in her blessing dress. I wish I could have been there for it. I'm glad it fit her so well and I can't wait to meet our little grandaughter, Dory, in person.

Hope said...

The dress is beautiful, and Dory even more so. I'm happpy you were able to be there!

I'll work with the Air Force in St. George if you'll help me get a Navy station down here in Sierra Vista.

Mary Anne said...

She looks so sweet in the gown, Mom. I can't believe you made that by hand, it's so beautiful.

I think she kinda looks like me--when I was a baby, that is.

I'm also digging her little contented grin in the last picture. She looks so peaceful and happy.

Harmony said...

That blessing dress is FABULOUS! I just want to chew on Dory--what is it about newborns that inspire nibbling? Or is it just me?

Listen, I say we quit talking about these military bases and just all move to Hawaii--woman commune style! What do you say?

Lisa said...

Harmony, I'm with you.

Mom, thanks again for that gorgeous dress! Dory looked so beautiful. And I'm so glad she didn't have a diaper explosion in it. Whew!

Amberdawn said...

Hello! I sneak a peek at your blog every now and again, I thought I'd better let my presence be known. That is a beautiful dress and Dori is such an adorable baby.