
I'm here in Abilene, TX after a crummy trip in. (My flight was cancelled one moment before take-off and I spent all day Saturday in the Las Vegas Airport listening to Wheel of Fortune slot machines....ARRRRGH! I finally got on a late flight but had to spend the night in a hotel somewhere in Dallas or Ft. Worth or somewhere, then finally made it to Abilene right before noon on Sunday) ANYWAY, it's all worth it to see my grandchildren and Lisa and Andrew of course. I took everyone to Red Robin last night where Brian and Clayton aquired balloons.

They are cute little guys who love to play in the mud, make noise, laugh and be silly. They are so fun, but it's clear to me why we have kids when we are YOUNG.

The newest star of the Monks' Family is Dory Margaret Monks, born February 23. She is so sweet and cute. I just love holding her and watching those fun expressions newborns have. My suitcase was half full of stuff for Dory, not just from me, but from lots of friends and family. Eveeryone is excited about this little girl.

We went to the Abilene Zoo which was so much fun and just right for the little ones. They fed the birds and the bear and even the buffalo. Clayton was so excited about feeding the flamingos and ducks that he threw his sippy cup to the birds. Here is Brian taking aim with his bird food.

Last night was fun; Andrew set up his telescope and let me look at Saturn with its rings, 2 galaxies, a double star, and other wonders in the sky. It was amazing!! More later on my trip to Abilene.
5 comments:
Have fun Grandma! But how can you miss with those darling grandchildren?! I'm sure they LOVE having you there!
Honey,
Its wonderful to see these pictures of the grandkids and I have loved talking with you each night to hear little tidbits of your day with them. I am so glad you got to go see Lisa and her family and spend time with little Dory. She is so beautiful and perfect. She does light up a room!
Have a great day tomorrow, Annette. I will be thinking about you and our sweet, little grand- ones.
That was so fun going to the zoo, Mom. We loved it.
Annette;
So fun to see you enjoying your Grandkids! It's one of my favorite things to do! Those newborns are wonderful.
Carol
Grandchildern are just one of the funniest things in this universe of ours. I'm certain Lisa is appreciting having you over for a bit - ENJOY!
Post a Comment