Sunday, April 26, 2009

Please Pass the Bunny

Here's a painting I did a few years ago. I submitted it for the Southern Quill, a literary magazine in the community and it was accepted! I painted it from a snapshot taken of Mary Anne and her friend Michelle Anderson. They are holding a baby cottontail bunny brought to us by our cat, Tiger. Every spring Tiger would bring us baby bunnies from the desert...her maternal instinct gone awry I guess. Anyway, it is one of my favorite paintings that I've done.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOW, Annette, you are amazing! That picture is fabulous, and adorable! How can I get you to paint me something???

Kathy said...

Please post more of your artwork! I love seeing it! You are very gifted! What fun!!

Lisa said...

I love this painting too. Hey, maybe you could post a picture of the Little Mermaid you painted in my room? I don't have a picture of it.

Hope said...

The Painting is lovely - and yes, post more! I still have an Elton John and a Jedediah Isosceles Extravaganza Jr. drawing you did for me in high school!

(And today I can especially relate to Tiger's actions - our greyhound brought me a little tiny baby field mouse to me - and no, it didn't survive the experience :-(