Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Weigh-In

There are lots of songs about mountains...inspirational, motivational songs..."Ain't No Mountain High Enough"..."Climb Every Mountain"..."O Ye Mountains High"..."High On The Mountain Top"......on and on it goes. There is not one song about a plateau. I am on a plateau. So I'll make up a song about a plateau:

I'm here on this stinkin' plateau,
With virtually no where to go.
I watch what I eat,
I walk every street,
But I still can't shake loose from fatso.

Well, it's early in the morning...it's the best I can do with poetry right now. I did lose .4 lb this week which brings my loss to 51.2, so I'm still up from a couple of weeks ago, but down a tiny bit from last week. Am I giving up? NO! I'm determined to keep going!

After all...it's better than being "Down In the Valley."

2 comments:

Hope said...

I think your limmerick rocks - I'll see what I can come up with since I am at the same geographical place!

Anonymous said...

There once was a beautiful girl,
Who had lots of beautiful curls,
She grew up to be
Such a mother you see,
That I love her more than all of the world.