Other costumes I adorned for trick-or-treating over the years...I remember being a devil, a hobo more than once, a Hawaiian girl, and one year I took my Hawaiian skirt and my sister's Hawaiian skirt, a derby and fake glasses and went as Cousin It. After trick-or-treating we would pour out our stash of candy and sort according to type. The trading would start. Of course there were always people who gave out hazelnuts which we would give to dad. What fun memories!
Here I am in my red devil costume with Mary Anne as the perennial Hobo. Cheer up, sis.
Mary Anne is now an Indian maiden (of sorts?) with her papoose (Tiny Tears doll) and I am now a witch. Was I ever anything sweet?? No fairy princess costumes for me! Happy Halloween!!
Mary Anne is now an Indian maiden (of sorts?) with her papoose (Tiny Tears doll) and I am now a witch. Was I ever anything sweet?? No fairy princess costumes for me! Happy Halloween!!
4 comments:
I LOVE all these photos of such wonderful memories! Wasn't Halloween fun back then? You are adorable even as a spook or a witch!
"I remember two things from my childhood... I just don't remember it being this orange." (While You Were Sleeping)
Love the photos.
That first picture makes me laugh so much- I love it! Great costumes. I think more people should do homemade costumes nowadays.
Annette, you are anything but a witch, to me, our children and all those with whom you associate. You are a true and living example of christian virtue and I respect and love you for it. I just got through looking through and reading your blog and am so glad I married you! You have given me so much and made me a much, much better man that I was before I met you. To know you really, truly love somebody is to suffer and sacrifice with them and grow stronger though that earthly struggle. I think you qualify highly for that definition of love, of charity towards all. And your fun sense of humor and positive take on life only makes the journey that much more satisfying. "Grow old with me", Sweetie, "the best is yet to be!"
Happy Birthday and I blog you back all my love and devotion.
Heber
PS I loved when you got that RS pendant. It was such a fitting symbol of all that you have given and continue to give. And I hope you always wear it proudly.
Post a Comment