Saturday, October 11, 2008

You Are About To Enter

THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!


You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!





This handsome man is none other than Heber Trunnell, my dear spouse. He is a Special Ed teacher at Lava Ridge Intermediate School...a seemingly normal human being, but he has a strange uncanny connection with the Twilight Zone. Years ago my daughter, Mary Anne, was watching a Twilight Zone marathon and the episode titled, "The Dummy" came on. At the very end of the show the ventriloquist becomes the dummy and the dummy becomes the ventriloquist. It's a great episode and there's just something a bit creepy about those dolls. Mary Anne saw the final scene and gasped, "Oh my gosh, that looks like Dad!" We've shown the clip to several friends who agree...

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.


What do you think???


5 comments:

Hope said...

AARRGGGHH!!! It DOES look just like Heber!!!!!! Creepy!!

Lisa said...

It seriously does look like Dad! YIKES.

Harmony said...

Holy cow--that does look like him! I am totally freaked out by dummies (ventriloquist or otherwise!)

Now I'm going to stare at that picture some more. Yikes!

(right before sending this I realized I had spelled both ventriloquist and dummies wrong--who's the dummy now? I mean, "whoz da dummi noow?")

Hope said...

I can't even get close enough to spelling ventriloquist for spell check to understand what I am looking for, but now instead of simply seeing a spooky dummy that looks like Heber, now I am hearing a creepy voice coming OUT of that spooky dummy!!! DOUBLE ARRRGGHHH!!

Mary Anne said...

Phil says:

I think it looks more like dad than he does. as long as it has a function where it chews on imaginary popcorn seeds.