Well, we're back to dead fish...it's either that or a dog, and somehow a huge dead fish is a better visualizaton of 35 pounds of fat. This is a salmon...I love salmon, but was I really carrying this thing around with me...all the time? Yikes.This week's loss was 2.6 pounds for a total loss of 35 pounds. I wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing to weigh myself 3 or 4 times during the week...I was getting discouraged...last Sunday I was down, then Tuesday I was back at the same weight I was at last at last Friday's weigh-in, then I was down a bit the next day...some say only weigh yourself once a week but I can't help it.
So, I was really wondering if I'd lost anything. The last few days I stepped up the walking which was easy because of the beautiful weather and cool evenings. I definitely have more energy and more endurance.
Conclusion: Enjoy the journey! The scale's message is just a number...an important number to keep track of progress to a point, but just a number. The main reward is that I'm getting into some smaller clothes, I have lots more energy, I can put on pantyhose much easier, I can get in and out of my car easier, and I feel more confident! My left knee has quit hurting completely and I don't dread weighing myself at the doctor's...heck, I'm looking forward to it! I'm almost ready to look in a mirror!
2 comments:
YAY!! You are doing so fabulous!! I'm so proud of you.
Hurrah! And I do like the image of the dead fish. ;-)
Post a Comment