Friday, October 9, 2009

Thirty Firsts

Who was your FIRST prom date? Never got asked...I sure wanted to go!
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? No
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?Never had any!
4. Who was your FIRST kiss? My first kiss was with a guy I was dating, Tim, after he took me to Disneyland (Alhambra Night). It was nice!
5. What was your FIRST job? I worked for Judy Kelton who ran a houseboat rental company from her home. I mailed pamphlets, answered phones, rented houseboats, etc. Not too bad.
6. What was your FIRST car? A 1966 Red Mustang...I still miss that car!
7. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?I don't text!
8. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? Mmmmm, I don't remember...probably my husband.
9. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?Miss Dyke at Oneonta Elementary School in South Pasadena. She was sweet and wonderful. When I was a senior in high school I became a student aide for her and it was great!
10. Where was your FIRST apartment or place of your own? I lived at University Villa in Provo when I attended BYU. It was fun, I met a lot of nice people and learned to fend for myself.
11. Your FIRST ride on an airplane? I remember flying with my Mom to Salt Lake City to visit my grandparents. I love flying!
12. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? My first best friend was Hope Russell and yes we still talk and email! It's awesome! We met in 7th grade art class when we discovered that we both liked the same color of green.
13. Where was your FIRST sleep over? I don't remember, but probably sleeping over at Cindy Porter's house in South Pasadena. We slept outside and talked and talked.
14. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?My husband...discussing the day and the upcoming weekend.
15. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? I was a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding...it was a fun experience!
16. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? I weighed myself...my weekly weigh-in.
17. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? The first concert I ever went to was Jethro Tull in Los Angeles at the Forum I believe. I went with my sister and some of her friends. It was great! I remember one of the guys we went with kept yelling "LOCOMOTIVE BREATH!" at the top of his lungs thinking that they would hear him.
18. FIRST tattoo? The only tattoos I ever had were the dots they permanently tattooed on my when I had radiation.
19. FIRST piercing? When I was 17 years old. My Mom wanted to have her ears pierced and talked me into going with her as moral support. I think we went to some jewelry store to have it done.
20. FIRST foreign country you've been to? Canada (Vancouver) to visit the Slawsons when I was in second grade.
21. FIRST movie you remember seeing? I don't remember!!! I do remember when Mom would drop us kids off at the Rialto Theatre for a double feature on Saturday...we'd see such gems as "The 7 Voyages of Sinbad" and "Snow White and the Three Stooges."
22. When was your FIRST detention? My friend Niki and I went to detention for cutting gym class in high school.
23. What was the FIRST state/province you lived in?I was born in Utah!
24. Who was your FIRST roommate? Hope Russell and I roomed together at BYU. Our other roommate was Carol Baily...we all became good friends.
25. What was your FIRST "bad" word? I don't remember!
26. What was your FIRST broken bone?Never have broken any bone...not yet anyway.
27. When did you lose your FIRST tooth?Yikes-- who remembers this?? probably when 6 years old.
28. If you had one FIRST wish, what would it be? I wish for my children to be happy.
29. What is something you would learn FIRST if you had the time? I would like to learn some Latin...is that weird?
30. Who do you think will be the FIRST person to post this? I don't know!!

3 comments:

Hope said...

I am a little misty- eyed for being mentioned TWICE in your FIRSTS! So glad we're still in contact!

Carol T said...

I am so thankful for you and Hope. I really needed good friends in my life at that time and you two were so much fun. Thanks again for being a part of my life.
Carol

Amanda said...

#17 made me chuckle.