Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Looked out the Window...

This evening I saw a few of my favorite things. For one thing, the temperature is so perfect right now, so wandering outside is fun! The sunset was spectacular; I just wish my camera and skills were both better. I get so excited about autumn and the cool weather, the darker evenings and spicy smells of candles, apple crisp and pumpkins. Besides that, I am a bonafide cloud freak...I absolutely LOVE clouds!
I also love pumpkins and our new red door...looks so inviting and cozy! I love Halloween, too, with all the decorations and costumes. I look forward to greeting our neighbors and their children on All Hallow's Eve.

One more shot of our beautiful sunset.

Heber has been working hard on our backyard; he's been shoveling and raking gravel, moving rocks and creating a fun little rocky world in the backyard. It's fun to go back there now! Thank you, Heber, for all your hard work to beautify our yard! Our front yard is big but the backyard is small, but every year we do a little more to fix it up.

Yes, autumn weather means it's actually fun to work in the yard! I LOVE it!

5 comments:

Hope said...

I think your photography skills are spectacular! I love clouds, and I love STARS, and this cooler weather just makes them crisper and brighter. And you are totally correct, it is SO much nicer when you actually have to work to get sweat going.

Anonymous said...

i think you take beautiful photos! i love the sunset ones, and our backyard looks fantastic with all of your rock placements. at paul mitchell they would call that "a pop of color". i love you!

Mary Anne said...

I looks awesome! What a difference you guys have made! Beautiful rocks/shades!

I love the sunset. Gorgeous photo there!

Janis said...

What gorgeous shots! You live in a beautiful place--including your own home and yard!

Lisa said...

Wow! This looks great!! Nice work.