I bought this tree from the local nursery years ago for one reason only...they turn red in the fall! Being from Southern California where nothing really turns anything in the fall, I was excited to anticipate some actual fall colors in our own front yard. My son Phil helped me plant these and they have grown slowly over the years. They are some sort of Texas oak. 
Enjoy fall while it lasts! And Happy Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
The first leaf-changing-color I ever experienced was in Kalamazoo Michigan in 1975, and the beauty was almost worth the cold wet winter that followed.
The top of our Huachuca Mountains turn golden and red, and I have to be satisfied with that now.
The tree looks great! We have some yellow leaves here, but I haven't seen much red. I enjoyed that a lot at BYU in the fall.
Mmm... That's definitely one of my favorite features of fall.
I love how crisp and dark red the leaves get on your trees. They look so festive and cheerful.
Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures. I can't wait to become engorged on your amazing feast.
Post a Comment