Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Addicting!

Heber is over Family History in our stake (Snow Canyon St. George) and has been wanting to get me involved in all of it for a while now. As Relief Society President I just didn't have the time to commit, but now that I'm released I was called to be a Stake Family History Specialist (AKA Heber's Helper). I innocently asked him to show me how to do indexing and now I'm hooked! It's fun, relaxing and you can listen to music while doing it. Anyway, it is copying old records (ie: 1920 census records from California) onto a computer program. Anyway, it really is rather addicting...and I feel like I'm accomplishing something in my spare minutes. Any other addicts out there??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annette, You are my density! I love this cute cartoon and it makes me think of your fun sense of humor. Glad we are working on family history together. Its fun, ain't it.

Janis said...

I am also an indexing addict! I think it's so interesting!!

Lisa said...

Um, nope! I've never tried it. Maybe I should?

Hope said...

Man! I love it! If there is something that I can do WITHOUT thinking that earns celestial brownie points - I want in!

Wait - do you have to be listening to LDS approved music while you are doing the indexing? I don't think I could do that.

(And I am going to have to send this cartoon around - it's fantastic)

Anonymous said...

Annette, I am totally amazed and in awe at the amount of indexing you have already done! Wow! You are amazing in so many ways and I love having one more thing to talk to you about. I will try and do more myself now. You are getting a lot of comments on your blog now and I like to visit it.
Love you, Heber