We had a nice Thanksgiving...it's been cold and rainy which is wonderful for this desert area...and for those we didn't have to travel. We had Phil and James over for a nice relaxing dinner. It's nice to have some family nearby. Lisa and Andrew had their own little Thanksgiving in Abilene this year. We miss them!
The kids try playing some Thanksgiving hymns on Rock Band. Let's see...should we play "Come Ye Thankful People Come" or "We Gather Together"?
Here is Heber...you could say he bagged a turkey this year. This is always his official job, getting the drippings in a pan for making the gravy, then carving up the bird.
I don't know why the turkey looks flourescent yellow...it really wasn't that glowing.
Well...not exactly Norman Rockwell, but everyone's hungry so no one cares what it looks like.
Instead of pie I tried my hand at making a Pumpkin Roll (a la Stacie Bowden). It turned out great! She was great...it's not hard to do! I was very proud of myself.
Charlie and Joel (Phil's dog) wait patiently and reverently on the couch while we eat and enjoy the meal.
Turkey is Charlie's downfall...he would give anything to get a piece of turkey. Several times, after the turkey meal is done and the leftovers are stashed in the fridge, Charlie will pull this trick. He goes to the back door and scratches to be let out. As soon as someone goes to open the back door he runs to the fridge and looks as pitiful and longing as possible. What a nut!




3 comments:
I love your latest post! You captured some excellent pictures. I think Phil, James, and me could even open for the Tabernacle Choir next year.
Thanks for all the time and preparation! You are quite an accomplished cook and mom. :OD
Happy Turkey Day! I began to leave a comment on your last blog, but then realized what I was writing would be a good blog for ME. So thanks for the inspiration!
Charlie should come and teach my animals something about eating. Murray has declared himself a vegan, Delilah, The Greyhound (that's her title) won't eat anything that she possibly could race, and Pandora (Master of the Known Universe) won't touch anything that 'humans' eat - except ice cream, of course.
Love you!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving!! Miss you guys. Charlie, good luck getting some turkey, you little stinker.
Post a Comment