Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Need A Painter!

The last two Saturdays I have been painting for a friend out in Dammeron Valley. Her name is Anita Painter which sounds a lot like, "I need a painter!" I have been painting in her home here and there for over nine years. It seems like almost every room, several pieces of furniture and even a major appliance (refrigerator) have been decorated by me. The most recent project was painting leaves and vines and fruit on cabinets and a glass door. I only got one picture before my memory card was full, but I'm sure I'll be out there again! These cabinets were natural wood and I had painted vines and leaves on them years ago, but she decided her kitchen was too dark and had them all painted red and white. She asked the guy who painted the cabinets to please paint around my painted leaves and vines which he quickly answered, "No way!!" I actually do like the finished look and may have to do a vine or two in my house someday. I painted 9 drawers, 3 cabinet doors, two side panels and one glass door in about 8 1/2 hours.

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I really had no idea that you updated! They look great! I especially like how you did the drawers. Ha ha...great title too!

Janis said...

Wow, those are beautiful! I peeked at your granddaughter on your daughter's blog--she's even more beautiful!

Lisa said...

How in the holy heck was the painter supposed to paint 'around' the vines???

Hope said...

I love the fact that she wanted to keep your paintings with her update. Sometime when you're out there you MUST show us the fridge you did.